1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY - VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Open to legal U.S. residents living within the United States, who are 18 years of age or older who have a valid email address. Employees (including their immediate family members and those living in their household) of the Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, along with their advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers sales representatives, and other vendor companies, (collectively, “Related Entities”) are not eligible.
2. SPONSOR: This Promotion is sponsored by Bayer’s CropScience Division LP, 2 TW Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Promotion application requires completed entry form, essay questions and letter of reference from any of the following: 1) apiarist 2) grower 3) member of a relevant organization, such as a beekeeper, gardening or agricultural association 4) community leader. Promotion application is open until midnight on August 19, 2016 (“Promotion Period”). This Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Limit: one entry per pair of applicants.
4. PRIZE: 1) $6,000 to continue their work in the community to protect and/or promote pollinators. The $6,000 prize will be split equally between the two winning individuals (beekeeper and grower). Limit one prize per pair of applicants.
5. CRITERIA/EVALUATION: Entrants are evaluated by a three-member panel of judges at the end of the Promotion Period.
The criteria to be considered for the award include:
- Describing a project that leverages a partnership between a grower and a beekeeper to benefit a community and/or protect pollinators;
- Answering a set of essay questions on the application form; and
- Submitting a letter of reference from an apiarist, community organization, grower, agricultural group, or member of a relevant organization, such as a beekeeping or gardening association.
Winners must follow the redemption instructions provided by the Administrator, Porter Novelli, in order to claim the prize. Failure to do so will result in disqualification and prize forfeiture. Any entry that occurs after the promotion end date is void and will not be considered.
Winner notification: Potential winner will be notified on or before Friday, September 23, 2016. Potential winner will be notified via email and/or phone. The Administrator reserves the right to disqualify anyone who it determines, in its sole discretion, violates the spirit of the Promotion or acts in a manner which makes it unfair to other participants. Winner is subject to verification by the Administrator. Winner may make no substitution or transfer of prizes. Winner may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, and Prize Acceptance Form within five (5) days of the date indicated on the notification. Affidavit and Form will be provided by the Administrator. Noncompliance within this time period will result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification, and an alternate will be selected.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability. All federal, state, and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of winner. Any costs associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of winner. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
All entrants agree that Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, governors, employees and agents may use his/her name, likeness and submissions that resulted in entry for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or authorization (except where prohibited). Any entry that is completed in any way other than the method described in section 3 above, or entries that are otherwise altered, tampered with, or in any way are made through unauthorized channels, is automatically void.
Potential winners are expected to attend the 2016 Community Leadership reception (all expenses paid, location to be announced). Potential winners agree to be recognized, including the use of photos in print, broadcast and online media. Potential winners are expected to speak at one or two events throughout the year at a mutually convenient time. (All expenses paid). Potential winner is expected to provide a biannual update until one year after receipt of the award on activities and use of funds received from Bayer CropScience.
7. GENERAL: By entering, entrants agree to follow the Official Rules and warrant that they are eligible to participate in this Promotion, agree to accept and abide by the rules of this Promotion and agree that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Promotion, rule interpretation, or award of prizes shall be submitted to the Administrator, whose decisions are binding and final. By participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify Sponsor, Administrator and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, governors, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) and Related Entities from any injury, loss, liability or damage arising from or in connection with the acceptance or use/misuse of any prize or participation in this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any automated participation will result in disqualification. Sponsor also reserves the right to cancel the Promotion at any time and under Sponsor's sole judgment if the Promotion becomes compromised. All trademarks and service marks used in these Official Rules belong to Bayer, as applicable, except as otherwise noted. If any provision of these Official Rules is to any extent held invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Official Rules shall not be affected but shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, Administrator and Related Entities make no warranties regarding the prize furnished as part of this Promotion. Sponsor, Administrator and Related Entities are not responsible for any programming errors. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Official Rules, Sponsor’s aggregate liability hereunder and with respect to the Promotion shall be limited to and shall not exceed the value of the prize set forth above. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor and Related Entities reserve the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law. By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with registering, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. In no event will Sponsor, Administrator, Related Entities or their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of any entrant’s access to and use of Twitter, or participation in the Promotion or any associated event. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. INTERNET: Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is an entrant who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and select winner from the entries received prior to modification or termination, if for any reason, the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, whether due to infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any miscommunication, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, lost Internet connection, technical failure of any kind, failed computer transmissions, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the registrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. ADMINISTRATOR: Porter Novelli, 3500 Lenox Road NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30326.